How to Microwave Corn on the Cob
Want to enjoy delicious corn on the cob tonight? Prepare summer corn quickly and easily without boiling a pot of water. Just pop it in the microwave, following these easy step-by-step instructions.
1. Remove the husk and all the silk from the cob.
2. Rinse cobs well with water, and pat dry.
3. Wrap each cob in a paper towel then wet it with water. Squeeze out any excess water.
4. Place the cobs in the microwave (still covered with the wet paper towels).
5. Heat on high for 2 minutes per cob.
Tasty Corn on the Cob Toppings
Give corn on the cob a gourmet kick with something more than just butter and salt. Here are some tasty ideas to brush on the cobs after they’re cooked.
- Melted butter with chopped chives
- Fresh guacamole with a squeeze of lime juice
- Melted butter with curry powder
- Fresh herbs such as sage and rosemary with melted butter
- Melted butter with pesto sauce and grated Parmesan cheese