How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Fresh fruit bouquets make delicious gifts. From Valentine’s Day to Mother’s Day, treat that special someone in your life with a beautiful pop of color and a juicy burst of flavors when you learn how to create this edible bouquet at home.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups red and green grapes
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- Half of a honeydew melon
- 1 pineapple
- 2 navel oranges
- 6 curly kale leaves
- 1/2 cup Marzetti® Chocolate Fruit Dip
- 1/2 cup Marzetti® Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1/2 cup Marzetti® Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Wooden skewers
- 1 block of floral foam
- Aluminum foil
- Floral-shaped cookie cutter
- Melon baller
- A bowl or vase (large enough to fit the floral foam)
- Cutting board
How to Make the Bouquet:
- Rinse and dry the strawberries and grapes. Set aside.
- Cut melons in half. Scoop out and discard the seeds from each melon half.
- Use the melon baller to scoop the top layer of cantaloupe into as many balls as you can (6 or 7).
- Slice the remaining cantaloupe into thin wedges (about the width of two fingers) and remove the skin.
- Cut the honeydew into thin wedges and remove the skin.
- Chop the top and bottom off the pineapple. Place one of the flat sides on a cutting board and remove all of the skin from the pineapple with a knife.
- Lay the pineapple lengthwise and cut into circles about 1″ thick. Use the cookie cutter to press each pineapple circle into a floral shape.
- Wash the oranges. Lay them on their side and slice them into thin wheels. Discard the tops and bottoms.
- Place the fruit on the end of each skewer. Combine the flower-shaped pineapple slices and melon balls to make “flowers.”
- Wrap the floral foam in aluminum foil and then cover with kale leaves to use as the base of your bouquet.
- Set the wrapped foam into a bowl or vase where it’s secure.
- Spear the wooden end of the fruit skewers into the foam so they’re steady. Continue filling empty space until you have a beautiful bouquet!
- Serve with fruit dips.
- Switch out the curly kale for red cabbage leaves or rainbow chard.
- Discover new flavors by using kiwi slices, watermelon, mango, or blackberries.
- Use a star-shaped cookie cutter for a different look.